Tuesday 18 October 2016

Connecting Backend CodeIgniter To Two Databases After Receiving An API Call

The use case I got was to connect to a 2nd Database, to retrieve data from a 2nd database and respond with a JSON string, the request would come in as an API call that looks like this “localhost/api/1/veerreport?API-KEY=vhhVGHFHghfh”
I’m using CodeIgniter in the backend server, with MVC and RESTful API support.

The first thing I did was to change the file database.php to add an additional database group to the configuration, like this
database_php
As you can see I added a 2nd database group and called it noon, the default group will be loaded automatically during $this->db call.
Then I created a new API function for noonreport as shown here
noonreport_php
As you can see I connected to the 2nd database, I fetch the data I needed from the 2nd database – closed the 2nd database connection and created a JSON response, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installation of Drop Box API on Codigniter

As with the YouTube API the first step in getting this sucker setup is getting a developer key by visiting  https://www.dropbox.com/develop...